Geneva, Switzerland – 31st October 2022. Following the delivery of MSC World Europa earlier this week, MSC Cruises’ most innovative, most environmentally advanced and most exciting ship to-date, is now en-route to Doha, Qatar ready for her Naming Ceremony on 13 November.
The eagerly anticipated new ship spans 22 decks, is 47 metres wide, with 2,626 cabins, boasting more than 40,000m2 of public space. This ultramodern urban metropolis at sea is the future of cruising and will offer a veritable world of different experiences pushing the boundaries of what is possible at sea - setting a new standard for the cruise industry.
Waiting for guests onboard:
The spectacular World Promenade – the beating heart of the ship
The 104-metre long outdoor World Promenade is one of the ship’s most impressive spaces. This is the place to be day or night with entertainment, stunning sea views and is also home to The Venom Drop @ The Spiral, a striking architectural masterpiece and the longest dry slide at sea spanning 11 decks. Connected to this is the World Galleria spanning 2,214m2 and topped with an awe-inspiring LED and kinetic dome ceiling – this indoor promenade is the perfect place to shop, dine and relax with a drink.
Immersive culinary experiences
MSC World Europa will transport guests on a gastronomic journey around the world with a choice of 33 restaurants, bars and lounges, each with its own distinct style and ambiance – this includes 6 specialty restaurants and 7 brand new bar and café concepts. Highlights include:
- Chef’s Garden Kitchen in collaboration with Michelin-starred chef, TV personality and author Niklas Ekstedt. Focusing on the natural ingredients and a farm-to-ocean ethos. This new restaurant will feature the first-at-sea hydroponic garden and guests will be treated to a uniquely immersive experience with the master chef preparing Ekstedt’s extraordinary creations in an open kitchen against a backdrop of panoramic sea views
- La Pescaderia, this signature Mediterranean fish restaurant will serve the freshest fish. Sophistication meets casual and family dining, a must for all guests!
- The line’s first onboard microbrewery in partnership with Teo Musso, the founder and brewmaster of Italian craft and farm brewery Birra Baladin
- Coffee Emporium. This sleek and modern coffee house is a coffee connoisseur’s dream
- The Gin Project is a must-stop shop for gin aficionados with over 70 craft gins, with classic cocktails expertly prepared by gin-tenders along with a vintage Crawley’s shaker
Next-level entertainment options
Guests of all ages will be able to enjoy awe-inspiring entertainment from morning to night, including three new concert-style shows in the multipurpose Luna Park Arena; five new full-scale theatre productions in the World Theatre; four themed experiences in the Panorama Lounge; and surprise, pop-up live exhibits throughout the ship.
- Panorama Lounge at the aft of the ship will offer immersive and flamboyant entertainment with flying chandeliers!
- The stylish 1,153 seat World Theatre will host original productions each night of the cruise
- The versatile Luna Park Arena is a new multifunctional entertainment venue that will host movies, game shows, kids’ activities and different themed parties
- Sportplex multi-use venue home to Bumper Cars
The largest, most action-packed kids’ area in MSC Cruises’ fleet
MSC World Europa's children's area will be the largest in the fleet, with over 766m2 of interior space, 7 rooms dedicated to different age groups from 0 to 17 years old developed in collaboration with LEGO® and Chicco®. Entertainment for children and teenagers will be even more varied with brand new and original game and talent show formats across high-tech venues.
Ultimate leisure and wellness facilities
With 7 swimming pools and 13 whirlpools located in distinct parts of the ship, there is one to suit every holidaymaker, whether the aim is to relax and unwind or enjoy thrills and adventure.
A next-level MSC Yacht Club for premium cruising
MSC World Europa will feature the most luxurious MSC Yacht Club yet offering unparalleled levels of comfort – with more public space, expanded outdoor areas and new stylish suites. The enhanced public spaces include a totally reimagined sundeck, set over two decks for the first time, while two brand-new ultra-spacious Owner-Suites join the exclusive ‘ship within a ship’ concept with key-card access exclusively.
Innovative new accommodation
MSC World Europa is as different on the inside as she is on the outside, with all-new cabin designs and the most balcony cabins on any ship in the fleet. From luxurious suites with private facilities in the MSC Yacht Club, to traditional cabins and brand-new cabins overlooking the outdoor promenade, there’s high-quality, comfortable accommodation to satisfy every taste including new Infinite Ocean view cabins with a panoramic sliding window that turns into a glass balustrade when open.